SHERIFF CHRIS BLAIR’S
• Reduced crime in Marion County by 8.9% - the lowest ever!
• 53.6% crime clearance rate – more than double State average of 25.9% and the 6th highest clearance rate in the State of Florida!
• Reduced top-heaviness by more than 20 supervisors creating recurring savings in excess of $1 million per year.
• During first year in office alone reduced outstanding arrest warrants by nearly 25% by creation of new Fugitive Apprehension Unit.
• Through good fiscal management have purchased approximately 150 new patrol vehicles despite having $0 in funding allocated for vehicles.
• Launched crime prevention kiosk program at no cost to tax-payers. These kiosks are in more than 100 area-businesses, including Wal-Mart, and we have a 48% apprehension rate of wanted persons placed on the kiosks. Kiosk program won Florida Crime Prevention Program of the Year for 2014 and National Association of Counties Achievement Award 2015.
• Launched SHIELD GPS monitoring program to protect domestic violence victims.
• 1st agency in Florida to have accredited Corrections Special Operations Group (C-SOG) and will be host site of global C-SOG conference in May 2016 at MCJ.
• Increased transparency and public outreach through social media increasing Facebook followers from 1,700 in January 2013 to more than 38,000 today.
• 482 citizens have taken their concealed weapons course through the MCSO and 960 citizens have graduated from Citizens Academy since January 2013.
• Named Chair of Statewide Cold Case Review Committee created by the Florida Sheriff’s Association.
• Named Co-Chair of Regional Domestic Security Task Force for Region 3.
• Utilize more than 1,500 volunteers to monitor local neighborhoods and businesses saving approximately $3 million per year. These volunteers average 128,000 hours per year of volunteer time and drive approximately 500,000 miles.
• Implemented new training program and physical fitness standards for ALL sworn personnel.